Monday, March 10, 2014

Write my life

I can't believe it's March 2014 already. 10 years ago I was just transferred to Chung Hwa High School in Muar. I had my braces on and I was somehow like a creature to them because I came from the big city, I had my braces on, I have the cantonese slang, I speak english, I played 24 seasonal drum, and I was so quiet and look smart to them before everyone get to know me well. Well..... after then know me, they were all agreed that my look and first impression fooled them. I am the crazy one, I am dare devil, I could beat a guy up if he step on my territory and I am the buddy.

Remember Friendster? Oh my gosh!! That was the funniest moment ever. Friends were added from all over the countries. You can look at the viewed record to see who stalked your profile. LOL. You can have all the chats, customise your profile with all these theme and make it as fancy as you can. I think in 2006 I found John there, but I didn't add him as friend. I still remember his profile picture. He was wearing a black singlet with his lame "yeah" pose and that moment, the 'number' pose were the most popular pose. Anyways, there goes my 3 wonderful high school year in Muar. Oh, during my Senior Middle Year 2, mom wanted to transfer us to Shanghai, Johnny did get his but unfortunately, me and Jeff didn't. That's the first time I saw mom cried. She hugged me so tight and cried, that's how a mom feel to have to be apart of her children when she is so helpless. The reason we couldn't get in is, we were taught in Mandarin for years, and the International school worried that we couldn't catch up, also the age, it's kinda hard for us to learn more as we basically fixed. That time I was 17 and Jeff 18. So, we went back to school in Muar.

After graduate, we went to Shanghai for good. Mom wants me to stay together get my Uni there, and I was the rebel one. I don't like Shanghai, I don't want to stay. I am a westernise girl at that time. All I want is go to a western country and study there. So, I wanted to be in the Hotel industry that time, cause I want to be a hotel mogul. LOL. I even named my corporate Fox Palace. LOL. I know it's really stupid and funny. I kinda planned my whole life when I was in high school. Well, there was an opportunity and I did my research on Hotel Management. Dad asked 'why not go to Switzerland as they have the most amazing Hotel management course there?' I was surprise that he said that, because mom and dad were not happy with the thought of me working in the service industry. But he was so supportive and ask a lot of information from his friend who was the manager in Hilton Shanghai. Then, when everything was set, dad said I have to go to USA to work on my English before I fly to Switzerland. I was so thrilled and I agreed with whatever dad said.

So, pack my back and USA it is. That was my first time to a western country. Feb 2007 during Chinese New Year. You know what? When I got there, I told dad, 'maybe I'm just gonna stay here and take business course. I like it here. I don't want to leave.' That's why I am so obsessed with USA. I stayed in LA for 1 month and flew to Portland Oregon for 2 months. That was the best time of my life living alone and live like a big girl. Then, visa went wrong and too much drama and stayed back in KL, took a business admin course in Sunway. It's my best uni life too, too much fun compares to work. LOL. Met my amazing babi(s) and we are stuck together ever since. When everyone continue their degree, I decided to change my path. I wanted something more fun, business was too bored for me. I took Fashion Marketing.

(to be continue)

No comments:

Letter to my younger self.

Dear me from 2005, Hello. 10 years ago, you were still in your senior high school dreaming to be a successful business women just like your ...